Friday, October 15, 2010

New places, new faces

Well... I made it! I arrived in Rhode Island Monday afternoon to set up my new apartment. As I walked in the apartment I was shocked... My landlord painted over all the old (ugly) wall paper, bought me a brand new couch, and installed blinds, ceiling fans, and a new medicine cabinet. The place already looked 1000x better! I was feeling much better about my decision! I found the apartment on the Brown housing web site. It is a church parsonage that is now being rented out by an older couple in the church (which is right next door). Before the apartment transformation here is what it looked like:





So, Monday evening, Momma Connie showed up and we went to look for a bed.. (yeah remember, I sold the old one!??). We had it delivered Monday night (holler!). The next morning the movers came at 7:30 am. The place looked like it exploded in the matter of an hour.


The movers took about 1 hr to unload everything and then Mom and I worked alllll day to unpack and get the apartment set up. That evening we went to a great Mexican restaurant (found by just driving randomly - Tortilla Flats.

The next day we took inventory of what I wanted to buy and we set off to go shopping... but first, a stop by my new job (yay!) and a visit with my new boss to sign paperwork making my job at Brown official. We then walked around Brown and found an awesome farmer's market... pastries, produce, cider, pumpkins, sandwiches, the best pesto i ever tasted... and then we took a little tour around Brown’s campus… it is a beautiful campus, I need to explore it a little more too.







The rest of the day was shopping for random things for the apartment … stopped at the Providence Place Mall , and then headed over to MA for Kohls, TJ Maxx, Target, and Home Goods. I am totally happy with the way that things turned out with the new place.







I am officially living in Rhode Island. I still can't believe it. I know its going to be really hard living here and barely knowing anyone. I know maybe 5 people. But, I know God has me here for a reason and i am excited to start work on Monday. I will be working with some really great people! Here is to my new life phase... exploring new things here and meeting new people.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're off to a wonderful start Holly, and the place looks great! Here's to new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again Hols!! Awesome job, awesome outlook! Can't wait to hear more :D

    ReplyDelete